Independence Park is a fully functional ballpark complete with five illuminated fields, picnic areas, and playground. The park is open to public use. The picnic and playround areas are available year round.
Scheduled games take presidence over field use.
View our calendar to see the scheduled games.
REMINDER: No outside food or drink is allowed beyond the gates. No dogs allowed beyond the gates.
The following guidelines were established by the Piggott Parks and Recreation Commission to avoid scheduling conflicts and to assure maintenance of the facility.
1. Practice session should be conducted as follows: Practice on the field you play on if possible. When this is not possible, use another field, including the field at the swimming pool. (The exception to this rule is that no one is allowed to use the Piggott High School Baseball field #2 during the high school season, and the bases on field #2 are NOT to be moved under any circumstances.) Please limit practices to an hour and a half (Babe Ruth 2 hours). When water is standing on the infield, or the infield is muddy, please practice in the outfield. Some leagues have practice schedules and these reserved times take precedence over non-league teams practicing on that field. Other than those exceptions, it is first-come, first serve.
2. Rain out policy is as follows: Parks and Recreation employees will notify League Presidents by 3:30 p.m. if fields are unplayable. Unauthorized persons are to not drag, dig, mow, mark, or assign fields due to infield conditions. This policy was adopted to avoid any costly damage to the fields that was incurred in the past and to insure that no undue liabilities are placed on the Parks and Recreation Commission.
3. Fields will be prepared for games according to schedules given to the Parks and Recreation Commission by league Presidents. Any changes in scheduling, or rain out make-ups should be reported to the Parks Commission in advance in order to insure fields are prepared for game time. NO one is to practice on a field once it has been dressed for a game.
4. The smoking policy that has been adopted is recommended by the U.S. Little League Association and by the local Little League Association and the Girls Softball Association. No one will use tobacco products of any kind on the ballfield or in the dugout during games and practices.
5. Access to the press box is restricted to adults that have registered at the concession stand. No children are allowed in the press box under any circumstances. The scoreboards may be controlled at field sides by adults checking out controls at the concession stand. The person checking out the control is responsible for its return before park closing time. The Parks and Recreation Commission reserves the right to close the press box at any given time.
© 2007 Piggott Parks and Recreation.